© siana water
TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS
Q. Leader Jinyoung who has impressive talent in composing, writing and producing songs. How do you compose your songs?
Jinyoung: Either in the car or in the toilet (laugh). When a melody comes to mind, I immediately record it with my voice. When lyrics come to mind, I note them down immediately.
Q. ‘Beautiful Lie’ is very popular amongst the fans, and the chorus is addictive. How did you think of it?
Jinyoung: The phrase ‘Beautiful Lie’ came to mind first, and it was after that that I created the melody.
Q. You mentioned that there are many songs that include your own personal experiences.
Jinyoung: It’s nice to look back on the the past. It’s a pity to create the song while thinking of a sad love, but if it can remain in my heart deeply through a song, I feel that it’s a good thing.
Q. Were you creative even when you were young?
Jinyoung: I liked to make things that I thought of myself. I was also good with electronics so I would fix them and broken handles. I got praised by my parents.
Q. Are you good at fixing things now?
Jinyoung: On the other hand, I might be breaking them now (laugh). Recently I broke the handle of the car door (laugh).
Q. I thought you were dependable, but surprisingly you’re a scatterbrain?
Jinyoung: Honestly I lost my wallet recently too (laugh). I always lose things easily even when I was younger so I always got scolded.
Q. How is your relationship with your elder sister of 2 years?
Jinyoung: We used to fight over trivial matters when we were younger, but now we advise each other. She’s a precious person that I cannot do without in my life.
Q. Would you be jealous when your elder sister gets married?
Jinyoung: I wouldn’t be jealous, but I will actively and strictly judge whether the man she is marrying matches her well. If she is happier, I will let them be. But if I think he’s not suitable, I will say no well (laugh).
Q. One thing your parents did that you are happy about?
Jinyoung: The way they allowed me to do the things I wanted to do without spoiling me too much. That time I was restless, but I think it was because they talked to me strictly that I am who I am now.
Q. Who is your hero?
Jinyoung: Though not exactly a hero, but a friend that I used to play with. It was so much fun playing with that friend, to the point that I felt glad that I was born. He’s very precious to me.
Q. Amongst your friends, were there anyone you followed around?
Jinyoung: Unfortunately I was somewhat the leader, so my friends followed me around. It was when I was in elementary school (laugh).
Q. A children’s tale that you liked?
Jinyoung: 3 Little Pigs. It is a famous writing that is interesting even when I read it now. Amongst the characters, I think I am most alike the youngest pig who was wise enough not to get fooled by the wolf (laugh).
Q. An experience or a person you met that has left the biggest impression on you now?
Jinyoung: He is not someone whom I’ve met personally but someone I’ve met through the books: Albert Einstein. I was drawn to his strong mindset of challenging everything.
Q. CNU is always gentle, and always looks over the younger members. Even maknae Gongchan is now 20 years old, will you still continue to do so?
CNU: Of course. I’m not the only one having a difficult time, and the members are also shouldering the things that I’m lacking. It’s not a burden at all.
Q. What kind of person do you want to be?
CNU: In Hanja, CNU can also be expressed as 信友 [T/N: A trustable friend.] so I want to be worthy of this name. I am happy when my friends, the people around me and the fans think that I’m trustable.
Q. What caused your interest in music?
CNU: Singer Wheesung. When I was scouted at a music festival, I had performed Wheesung’s song. When I met him, he wrote the lyrics for a song on our first mini-album so I was really touched. And when Sandeul beat Wheesung on Immortal Song, I beat him up (laugh).
Q. What is a princess to CNU?
CNU: A person whom I like so much I want to protect. The girl I liked in my third year of middle school was the personification of a princess. She was cute, and good at her studies. We went our separate ways because we went to different high schools, but the faded memories and experience from then helped me with writing lyrics.
Q. You look very quiet, but you turn sexy on stage. Is it something natural?
CNU: The stage is where the side of me that is usually suppressed comes out, it is 100% natural. There is no intention to look sexy on stage, but I am liberated (on stage) naturally (laugh).
Q. So you’re going on the sexy route from now on?
CNU: No. It’s not that I didn’t go that way on purpose, but I just wanted to show everyone a different dance performance, a new side to myself.
Q. What are your plans for the shoulders you’ve received much love for?
CNU: I will definitely maintain them well. And go to the gym often.
Q. Who is your hero?
CNU: There was a famous uncle in my town that sold fruits while pulling the pushcart around. We fooled around last time by imitating the unique sound, but I was really surprised to find out that he donated all the money he made. A hidden hero. When I found out about it, the thought of wanting to become like him came to mind.
Q. A children’s tale that you liked?
CNU: It’s not a children’s tale but fiction… I really liked Japan’s heros ‘Choushinsei Flashman’. Especially Red who had a stick that looked like a sword and could spit out fire. I also learnt the values of righteousness and that one should protect their loved ones.
Q. Something you did without fail?
CNU: My father said that I should write a diary, so I did so up until my middle school days. I have tens of them at home, but I don’t know if it was beause I really disliked writing them because my handwriting was horrible (laugh). But it was nice to conitnue writing them, and I will make my son write them in future too.
Q. You have an elder sister you followed around?
CNU: My elder sister of 5 years. Both my parents worked so my elder sister looked after me often. She was really strict and demanded absolute obedience (laugh). She influenced me greatly, and I really respect her.
Q. You won on Immortal Song with your exceptional vocal ability. What did you take away from doing this show?
Sandeul: The passion I have for singing has increased another level. I also think that the most important thing when singing is that I should be conveying a message to the people listening. Thanks to the show, I’ve been able to practice that several times and learn the way to express that better.
Q. How did the members react to your win?
Sandeul: They praised me saying that “it’ll work out so long you display yourself through your feelings”. I was really happy that they were proud of me winning. But I was embarrassed (laugh).
Q. Please tell us more about the “magic glasses that make you ugly when you wear it” that’s viral on the Internet.
Sandeul: The prescription of the lenses of the glasses that I wore in high school was so high it made my eyes look small. Even my eyebrows get smaller (laugh).
Q: Since when did you wear glasses?
Sandeul: Since I was 5 years old. My mother was very sorry because she thought my eyes were bad due to hereditary, but it was actually because I watched the tv from too near a distance… You know how you can feel the heat from the back of the television when it is turned on? I liked that warmth so I watched television right in front of it… In one shot my eyesight went bad (laugh).
Q: Do you have an elder sister?
Sandeul: She is 2 years older than I am. SHe was good at whatever she did so she was popular, hence I copied whatever my elder sister did. But thanks to her I also have a fear of women (laugh). It was during middle school when I just started getting interested in girls, that I saw my elder sister walking along the street with her boyfriend. But the moment she reached home she started to run down her boyfriend with a very serious expression. It was such a sudden change, and it made it think that women are scary.
Q: Do you still have a sense of distrust for women now?
Sandeul: I’m going to trust that the girl I like will not do that (laugh).
Q. What did people praise you a lot about?
Sandeul: People used to tell my parents that I was good at cooking rice (laugh). The exact amount of water to make good rice!
Q. What were you most scared of?
Sandeul: Ghosts. I like to imagine, for example a hand coming from under my bed. It was scary but I couldn’t stop imagining (laugh).
Q. Who is your hero?
Sandeul: The character that comes out in the movie Mask, because it was so cool to become a different person after putting on a mask. But I did not make my own masks and play with them. When I was 7 years old in elementary school, I used to play a survival game involving guns with the hyungs from high school and they thought that making a mask was childish. We were playing a game against a team from another apartment building, and they added people to the team without consideration for age, only based on fighting power. I was the only 7 year old then (laugh).
Q. You have been receiving attention for your personal fashion style. Today you are wearing a knitted hat with a white embroidered shirt with leather trousers and basketball shoes. What is your fashion policy?
Baro: I don’t like the common styles, and I actually avoid them. Choosing clothes take time for me. I took 7 tries to choose this plain t-shirt… This is important to me.
Q. Please tell us about your ideal type.
Baro: Someone who works hard at what she does; someone sensible.
Q. Are you attracted to people who are alike to you?
Baro: I don’t think so. But it’s not like I like the direct opposite of me too. I don’t fall in love at first sight, but first impressions count for me.
Q. You received high compliments for your first acting venture, Reply 1994.
Baro: I want to redo it from the first… I got goosebumps from my awkward acting (laugh). It took me a lot of confidence to watch the drama.
Q. What did you develop about yourself from your new work?
Baro: That I am surprisingly cautious. Even though there are still many times that I work as things go, I now think hard about important things. I think I’ve gotten more responsible too.
Q. They say you resemble a squirrel. Do you have any memories in relation to animals?
Baro: Ah~ Peter Rabbit! I really liked it when I was in elementary school. I liked all the other animals too, but was it the piglet or the duck… The piglet was pitiful, when it said that it would do the cleaning and all if they let her go. Even though it caught a chance and escaped (laugh). It was gentle and I really liked it so I was surprisingly pleased even with its bad brains. Yeah, it was really interesting back here! I strongly recommend the story of the duck too.
Q. One thing that your parents did that made you happy?
Baro: They gave me gloves on Christmas during a difficult period at home, saying that it was all they could do that year. It was a pair of grey chick gloves connected by a string. I was happy that they talked to me honestly.
Q. What were you often praised for?
Baro: I often hear that I have sense, at every small indiscreet word or action I did. I didn’t do it consciously, but I guess I had some wit (laugh).
Q. Were you popular in school?
Baro: Not at all~ Other people were popular, whereas I just fit in the way I was. I was friendly with the girls too.
Q. What were your treasures?
Baro: Soccer ball, to the point that every single photo from my childhood days had a ball photographed too. I remember not walking away from the shop until someone bought it for me (laugh).
Q. An experience or a person you met that has left the biggest impression on you now?
Baro: G.O.D. They were at their peak when I was about 10 years old, and it was really shocking when I saw them for the first time.
Q. Gongchan is finally a 20 year old adult. What do you think is an ideal man like?
Gongchan: Jang Donggeun. I was especially attracted to his character on the drama A Gentleman’s Dignity. Gentle yet mature. I want to be like him.
Q. Your goal as a 20 year old?
Gongchan : To gain experience by actively challenging the things I have never tried before, including acting.
Q. What do you want to do personally?
Gongchan: Going on a holiday alone. I also want to trael around Japan on a bicycle. I made a promise with Sandeul hyung to tour the country while taking photos.
Q. We hear that you’ve been taking photos of the members since half a year ago.
Gongchan: I take photos during our personal lives which I have not done previously, so that we can look back on it a few years later and think “Ah, these things happened”.
Q. Are there any pictures that were taken secretly?
Gongchan: One of CNU hyung sleeping (laugh). We put a biscuit near CNU hyung’s mouth when he was asleep.
Q. If you were to put a title to the picture?
Gongchan: ‘Why aren’t you eating the biscuit?’ (laugh)
Q. You have a very lovable younger brother image. Did everyone find you cute since you were young?
Gongchan: It’s embarrassing for me to say this myself (laugh). But the boys around me told me I was cute. But the girls didn’t (laugh).
Q. When you were young, what did you think of when people talk about princesses?
Gongchan: The princesses from fairytales. Fair skin, long hair…
Q. So is your ideal type a princessy-type, with fair skin and long hair?
Gongchan: It’s not my ideal type. It’s alright even if she’s not pretty. She will always look beautiful to me because I like her. It’s alright so long I like her.
Q. Do you look for the good sides of the girl you like?
Gongchan: It’s the opposite. I will look for the bad sides to her, and I will fill that gap. So she doesn’t have to fix the bad sides to her (laugh).
Q. Who was your hero?
Gongchan: I guess it’s my cousin who is 6 years older than me. It was so cool to see him looking for the things that he wanted to do and doing it, so I think I followed in his footsteps. I think it is because of him that I am who I am right now.
Q. Do you have an elder sister whom you badgered after?
Gongchan: It was an older girl whom I was friendly with when I went to a music academy. I was in my first year of high school, and she in her second. I think that was the first time I hankered around an older girl. Now that I think about it, was it a crush? (laugh) Haa~ I’ve always only had crushes…
Q. A children’s tale that you like?
Gongchan: Hansel and Gretel. I like sweet things so I wanted to try eating the candy house. Right now if there was a gummy house, I want to try it too (laugh).
Q. What was a treasure to you?
Gongchan: When I was in elementary school, me and 2 other boys exchanged diaries, something like a secret notebook. The book had a lock on it, and we wrote about what happened that day, or about the girls we liked (laugh). I ever wrote “I like OO too, what do we do?” (laugh).
1. Everyone is famous for looking like cute characters. Is anyone just like how you look?
2. If you had a different side to you, what would that be? Do the fans know about it?
3. What kind of person are you to men?
4. What kind of person are you to women?
5. What kind of person are you to your family?
6. What about you do you occasionally dislike? And what do you like about yourself?
7. Who is the member you can read easily?
8. What is the most important thing to you now?
9. What are the things you have failed at and learnt from your previous relationship?
10. What is the most important thing you want to do in your future relationships?
11. Is there a side of a girl that you dislike?
12. On the other side, is there a side of a girl that you like?
1. Just as our lyrics are, not only is there a cute side but also a funky side. I feel that I have a mixture of charms.
2. I feel that there are still many sides to me that I have not shown everyone, so I cannot be 100% sure either?
3. I want to become someone who doesn’t change no matter who I am with. There may be some people who try to look strong and show off when there are only guys around, but I’m trying hard not to do so.
4. There are some people who try to look manly in front of girls, but I don’t have that kind of personality and I don’t wish to do that. Instead of trying to show off something consciously in front of the other party, I want to show myself off the way I am.
5. I think everyone is like that, but I reveal a little more of my personal thoughts. And I also act like a baby in front of my elder sister of 2 years.
6. Both the side I dislike and like is my positive personality. I like that I do not get stressed when I work. When you do something thinking that it’ll turn out well, you don’t get that stressed. But when one is too positive, they cannot sense a crisis. That causes me to only push forward too hard, so I don’t like that side of me.
7. Sandeul! He is easy to read, so I can anticipate his actions.
8. Right now, as we are doing this interview. As I answer the questions, I am looking back on myself once more and it is also a time for me to let everyone about my inner thoughts.
9. ‘No matter what happens, someday it becomes a good memory.” The sad things, angry things, unhappy things. When you think back on the memory of it being a difficult time, it becomes a precious memory, an experience for yourself. I learnt that every moment one day will become a memory, so I must live them to the fullest. A song talking about this has actually been included in our 2nd full length Korean album ‘WHO AM I’.
10. Protecting her.
11. A rude person. I really dislike people who are ill-mannered towards elders. If such a person was my girlfriend, I’d be embarrassed.
12. A person who is courteous to elders, and is gentle. That kind of person is really my type.
1. I had no idea that we had a cute image, but I am cute (laugh). I’ve never tried to look cute and I don’t know what to do to look cute. I think it’s just my inborn cuteness coming out naturally (laugh).
3. I am different, depending on the situation and the other party. It’s different when I’m with the members, or when I’m with a junior or senior.
4. I will not change my attitude just because it’s a girl, but I am very shy so until we become close I will have nothing much to talk to her about.
5. I don’t really talk to my family, nor do I share my inner feelings. I don’t like to worry them by talking about work or my troubles. Even though I used to share a lot of things with my elder sister when I was young, we don’t really do so now that I’ve started working. Come to think of it I don’t really talk about my troubles to the members too.
6. (I dislike) the side of me that worries a lot. When I think about different things, I end up worrying to the point that I can’t fall asleep because I’m too immersed in troubling over it. It’s become a form of stress so I don’t like it. I think the side of me that can control myself cool-headedly.
7. Baro. You know what he’s thinking the moment you look at him. As for Sandeul, he just doesn’t express but he’s the kind who thinks very hard because he has a lot of troubles. Gongchan seems very transparent, but he has a lot of hidden sides to him so I cannot say that I know everything about him. Jinyoung is easy to read too because he sometimes acts in a very predictable way. Hence the easiest to read is Baro.
8. What I am doing now. I am doing what I like this, and it is a part of my life.
9. Through my relationships I was able to discover the new sides of me that I did not know about.
10. Respect, consideration and understanding for the other party. I always felt that I have tried to understand and be considerate to others since I was young, but now that I think about it I think it was a delusion. I think to understand and spend effort on the other party is important.
11. A dishonest person. I don’t want to get close to you if you lie or look like you’re wearing a mask.
12. I am attracted to a courteous person.
1. There are many sides to me so when you get to know me better you will discover new charms to me. I’m a guy overflowing with charms!
2. Even though I have a bright and optimistic image, in reality I often ponder alone and I have a serious side to me too. I have been showing such sides of myself on television recently so I believe the fans know about it.
4. Weirdly I’m nervous around girls so I don’t know what should I say to them. Even when I try to talk to them, I only say things that they don’t know about. When I lived in Busan, I would only reply with a Yes or No whenever people talked to me. I think it’s gotten better after I started living with the members but I am still weak at leading a conversation.
5. In the past I was closer to my mother than I was with my sister so I talked to her more. But because we’re living apart now, no matter what I say she only gets worried so I haven’t been able to speak to her comfortably. I don’t know if my mother will be upset, but it’s because I don’t want to make her worry.
6. I don’t liked that I cannot concentrate. I don’t know if it’s because my mind is filled with useless thoughts, or because I am impatient so it makes me want to hurry get something that troubles me over and done with… What I like about myself is that I get nervous on stage. I hated that my nervousness made it easy for me to make mistakes, but when I perform with actor Choi Minsoo, he told me that “I am no longer nervous on stage, and it’s troubling me because I don’t like that”. Since then I started to think that being nervous on stage is a good thing.
7. Baro. Maybe it’s because we’re of the same age? Even without saying it aloud, we know what each other is thinking. Should I say that it feels like we connect well?
8. My passion for singing. I have never had such passion before so I hope it never dies down.
9. To me, the simple fact that I have several dating experiences including crushes is precious to me. Just like singing is. I feel that you need to have experience to be able to sing with your heart. In future I also want to experience a heart-wrenching love or a difficult breakup.
10. The other party. I think she is the most important. The other important things are only important when the other party exists.
11. A person who cannot express their opinions well. I hope she can tell me exactly what she wants to do on a date.
12. I like a person full of surprises. A girl who I’ve always thought to be cute and gentle but occasionally she leads in the relationship.
1. I do not act that way consciously – I act as I feel so I think I am what I look like I am.
3. It differs depending on whether the other party is younger or older than me. If younger, I will show consideration for him with the thought that I should help him as a senior. If older, I will unknowingly get nervous and it will be difficult for me to get close to them.
4. As expected it differs depending on whether she is younger or older. I will look at younger girls more cutely and chat with them. But to older girls, I will naturally be more careful with all of my words.
5. Everyone in the family has a good relationship as we go on family holidays often. I am also no different when with my family, I am cheerful.
6. What I dislike about myself is my honesty. There have been times that there are misunderstandings and I have hurt people by saying things off the top of my head. Whenever I meet different people nowadays, I work hard so as to prevent that from happening so I think I’ve gotten better from before. What I like about myself is also my honesty. Whenever I want to help someone, I will help them without thinking. There have been misunderstandings because of this, but I believe that they will understand my mind.
7. Sandeul. Part of it may be because we’re of the same age, but because we talk often we know what each other is thinking about.
8. My emotions. These emotions gathered over time are all mine, so they are really precious to me when I stand on stage or when I act. I won’t change it for anything else.
9. Loving the other party sincerely. Be it a relationship that you’re trying out because you’re lonely, a relationship that lasts a day, or a relationship that has been for a long time. When you’re dating, I feel that it is important to love the other party with all your heart. The subtle troubling of whether you like the other party after she admits that she likes you… It will always hurt the other party. I think people should only date after they confirm their feelings for each other.
10. Making memories, and trusting each other. My previous relationships were all during school days where we all focused on studying so I don’t have many special memories. And if you believe in each other firmly, I feel that you can overcome any fights or weariness.
11. I quickly get sick of people who have no consideration for others.
12. A person who thinks ahead about what she’s going to do, and prepares for it.
1. I always like doing things alone and spending time quietly so I am quite abrupt an dcold. But I am changing as I live with the members and I have become more active. I got to learn out the aegyo I never had so I was surprised.
2. Even my childhood friends said that I changed a lot, and that spread so I think the fans know about it too.
4. I don’t have many words when I talk to girls. I fret a lot about how the other party is feeling, what I should talk about, and what she is thinking about after hearing me talk…
5. Should I say that I’m abrupt and blunt, or should I say that I have nothing to say… But I think it’s gotten better now.
6. I don’t like my indecisive personality that causes me to think very hard just to decide on something. Because of it, I end up depending on the people around me and cause trouble for them absently. I like that I have the best stamina in the group.
7. Sandeul hyung! Recently the time we’ve spent together is more than anyone else so I’ve been able to anticipate hs actions.
8. The most precious thing is something I started 6 months ago – taking photos of the members. I enjoy looking at photographs and have the memories come to mind.
9. I feel that quickly confessing without thinking too hard is a good thing if you find someone you like. It has been an incident where the mood was as though we liked each other but I had no confidence to confess so I missed the correct timing.
10. Having a ‘dugeun dugeun’ heart. Be it e-mail, phone or talking face to face, I want to always feel the ‘dugeun dugeun’. I have heard that men’s affections die down after starting a relationship while women get more passionate. I don’t want myself to turn out that way.
11. A person who expresses herself truthfully. When you don’t talk about it when you’re angry, the other party gets bothered and misunderstandings occur.
12. I don’t know if this should be the way a person is, but someone who smiles eventually after you pacify her when she’s angry.
Q. Please tell us about the BANA village as you imagine it to be. Firstly, the rules of BANA village! Are there any rules other than “No lying”?
Baro: How about eating our meals on time?
CNU: Why are you suddenly talking about food (laugh)?! That’s not it!
Sandeul: How about eating rice instead of bread in the morning?
All: That’s not it either! (laugh)
CNU: Setting a time for our own personal time? Or have a break on one day after working 5~6 days a week.
Sandeul: Resting after we promote a new song!
Baro: It’s BANA village, but there’s no freedom at all (laugh).
Jinyoung: But it’s not just us in the village right?
Gongchan: What will be nice~?
CNU: How about having some time once a week to gather and talk?
Jinyoung: It’ll be the same as we are now if we have some time every week on the weekends to talk.
All: That’s a good idea!
Q. What would the symbolic building in BANA village?
Jinyoung: Something like a stage.
Baro: A huge building complex!
Sandeul: B1A4 house.
Baro: Sauna, mini stage, ice rink and meeting room. There’s various things and it will be about 10000 pyeong [T/N: About 30000 square metres] big.
Gongchan: 10000 pyeong?! Building it is gonna be a huge problem (laugh).
Baro: You can build whatever you want there. In other words, you don’t even have to go out (laugh). In addition, it will be able to move on ground (laugh).
Sandeul: It’s like a game (laugh).
Baro: The exterior will be filled with different signboards…
CNU: Wouldn’t it be nice if the exterior was like Howl’s Moving Castle?
Baro: Oh yes. But the moving of the building is manual!
Sandeul: Eh~ It’ll be so tiring just to move the building!
CNU: The moving of the building will be done by the person who doesn’t follow the rules. And that they have to do it alone (laugh).
Gongchan: Move that huge building all alone?!
CNU: Ah the moving will also be done by the overweight people… (laugh)
Sandeul: How could you~!
Q. What B1A4 song would you choose as the theme song of BANA village?
Jinyoung: Maybe it should be ‘O.K’. No matter who you are, it is OK for you to come into the village if you wish to.
Gongchan: I like CNU hyung’s solo song ‘Drunk on Music’. Everyone can be cheerful!
Baro: ‘This Time is Over’. We cannot not move, this location is going to be over. We will listen to this song as we move (laugh).
Sandeul: Moving again!? (laugh). With the meaning of BANA village = peace, I will choose Only One.
Jinyoung: Ah then I will change to ‘Who Am I’! With the meaning of finding yourself after coming to the village.
CNU: Then I will choose ‘O.K’. It has a quick pace so it is an enjoyable song that makes one cheerful. It will add energy to our lives.
Q. When will be the biggest event of BANA village? What would you do?
Jinyoung: Of course it would be a party. We will gather everyone in the village and have a celebration where we will sing and have a BBQ.
Baro: You’ll be receiving money for it right? (laugh)
Sandeul: We need to earn money. This village is in financial difficulties (laugh).
Baro: Let’s just receive money for parking!
Sandeul: Yes, otherwise we will all have to stay at home (laugh).
Jinyoung: The event day will be on our debut day, 23 April.
Baro: How about on the 22nd? It’s the day before, so we can do it over the span of 2 days 1 night.
Gongchan: That’s god!
Baro: We’ll do the main party on the 22nd, and rest on the 23rd. The venue will of course be at B1A4 house!
Sandeul: It’ll be big enough since it’s like 10000 pyeong. Even a sports event would be possible!
Q. Please tell us about what you and the members have to do in BANA village, like your roles or occupations.
Sandeul: I’ll be the doctor! I will be able to learn about even the tiniest things in the village as I talk to the patients. I want to become that kind of person. As for the members, Jinyoung hyung will be farming. CNU hyung will bring lunch to Jinyoung hyung who is working at the farm. Baro will be playing next to the field… Gongchan will be the scarecrow! And I will be the doctor watching all of that.
Gongchan: You’re too much, saying that I’m the scarecrow.
Sandeul: No it’s a really important role! You have to look over the farm with crops.
Baro: It’ll be nice if Gongchan was the policeman looking over the village. Someone who doesn’t say much but is very trustable. I want to be the physical education teacher in the elementary school! I want to be run around in the nature with the children. CNU hyung will be the really manly farmer on the tractor. Usually he is like a mother, but when it comes to work, he is very manly. Jinyoung hyung will be the aunty who writes in the household accounts book in a small mart. He is usually very detailed so he will be good with the books.
Jinyoung: I cannot do the books. I can’t manage money…
Baro: That’s true (laugh). Sandeul will be the leader of the church vocal group. He will not be so much of a trustable leader, but a deliquent one who likes to chat.
Jinyoung: Sandeul will fit the role of the owner of a pizza place. Even though I think he will be stealing food as he makes it.
Sandeul: That’s the best! (laugh)
Jinyoung: Gongchan will make electronic equipment. He is smart so I think he will making good tings. CNU will be working at the samgyupsal restaurant that he has always dreamt of. Baro will become a harmonica player who travels freely all around the world. And I will be an inventor. I will create things that do not exist in this world yet.
CNU: I want to become a B1A4 fan, a BANA. I want to understand the hearts of the BANAs who cheer for us. Jinyoung will be the Minister of Environment…
Jinyoung: I don’t want that (laugh).
CNU: I’m doing it so that you’re someone of power though (laugh). Sandeul will be a scholar, because he has a serious side to him different from what you see him to be. Baro will be playing the role of Trash from drama Reply 1994, so that he can release whatever he suppressed when he acted as Binggrae (laugh). Gongchan will be a 5 year old kid. I hope he can forget all his troubles from now and become a child who plays without any worries.
Gongchan: Ahaha. I want to become a kindergaten teacher because I like children. It will be hard to become anything more than an elementary school teacher so I think a kindergarten teacher will be best. Jinyoung hyung will be the security guard at that kindergaten. Even though he is very detailed, he is filled with a lot of ‘holes’ in his daily life so instead of letting him work hard in politicis I want to have him work with me at the kindergaten. CNU is good at cooking, so he’ll be the cook at the kindergaten. Sandeul will be the clothes shop owner who will design the uniforms of my kindergaten. He is filled with a lot of unique ideas, so I think he will make cute clothes that will go well with the children. Baro will drive the school bus, because he will tell stories so that the children are not bored.
Q. Let’s talk about B1A4′s daily lives. You got first place on music broadcasts with your new Korean song ‘LONELY’. Please tell us about the song that Jinyoung composed.
Jinyoung: I’m thinking about you who is not around, as I eat my food and watch movies. It is a song written with that kind of feelings. It’s about the sad feelings of people who have broken up with their girlfriends or boyfriends.
Gongchan: I thought it was a good song when I first heard it.
Sandeul: It is also a song that fits well with this season.
Q. You have a concert in Seoul in February, and an arena tour in Japan in April. What is your goal for 2014?
Baro: In the first half of the year, we have an arena tour and we will be releasing an album. We are always aiming to change the ‘Asia’ in our tour to become a ‘world’ tour.
Sandeul: Me too. I want to become a singer that not only receives love in Asia but everyone in the world!
Jinyoung: We may have various events and goals, but the biggest aim is to have all the members’ minds as one and achieve all the other goals together.
Gongchan: I want to challenge various things this year too, without anything preventing me from doing so.
CNU: Last year we met many fans at our concert, but we only managed to release 1 album. I want to release more albums this year, and show everyone more songs.
Translation Credits: skipfire.tistory.com
TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS